Director, Engineering (Frisco & Culver City)
Music Audience Exchange (MAX) is pioneering a new era of music sponsorship with a technology platform that matches artists and brands, and a proprietary marketing automation system that integrates brands into new music releases and tours. With over 7 million new music releases every year, MAX executes integrated sponsorship programs that deliver brand messages through the voice of artists directly to fans — across audio, video, social, digital, and live experiences.
MAX has quickly amassed a roster of powerful clients including Ford, U.S. Cellular, Canon, Dr Pepper, Honda, Coors Light, Snapple, Lexus, Comcast, Toyota, Cricket Wireless, and more.
This role can be based out of MAX’s main corporate office in Frisco, TX or in our Culver City, CA location. The engineering leader role will grow and mentor MAX’s engineering team and oversee the development of MAX’s innovative technology ranging from artist matching technology to B2B systems which focus on optimizing media buys to public facing products that allow artists to engage with their fans.
The role offers the ability to work on a range of interesting problems and be a thought leader for how MAX employs a range of technologies to architect solutions. This is hands-on role; in addition to setting the bar for technical design, code quality, and QA processes, the engineering leader will help contribute code in areas where s/he has particular expertise.
This is a unique opportunity to continue to build a growing team, help solve fascinating technical challenges, join a growing company, and make your mark on the future of how music is used in marketing.
The skills required to be considered for the position include:
- 10+ years in web development with familiarity of a wide range of challenges
- Previous leadership experience
- Enthusiasm for technology and a drive to create new things
- Expertise in more than one of the following areas: PHP (using a modern framework), React, or Python (Django or Flask)
- Ability to manage both front end as well as back end development
- Strong relational database skills (MySQL preferred), production experience with ElasticSearch and devops skills (AWS services) are a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to bring a team together and foster a spirit of innovation and cooperation
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred
- A passion for music