- Increase engagement with 18-34 year old males who attend music festivals and enjoy the outdoors
- Create a music program that integrated into the brand’s existing campaigns and festival sponsorship
- Drive retail purchase behavior in 2,000 Walmart stores across the country
- Pop Rock and Punk music would best connect with the audience the brand was trying to reach
- Partnering with a nationally recognized band would better drive the program objectives
- Mayday Parade not only embodied the spirit of the brand but was already a fan of Twix
MAX integrated a music program into Twix’s “Summer Out Loud” campaign, which featured the lovable pop punk band, Mayday Parade. The program ran media leading up to the iHeart Radio Music Festival, promoting the band’s music across radio, digital, and streaming services, and telling their on-the-road story in a fun docu-style video that tied in perfectly to the duality of the Twix left / right campaign.
The MAX program led the target audience down a purchase path that started with targeted media driving to a content hub featuring Twix and Mayday Parade. Throughout all the content, fans were directed to point-of-sale displays at participating Walmarts. Once in-store, fans entered to win a VIP package to the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas and an exclusive experience with Mayday Parade.
MAX delivered a 11.02% engagement rate with nearly 800k social likes, comments, shares, retweets, website clicks, video views, etc.
The MAX music program generated more than 40.8K+ VIP package sweepstakes entries from target audiences across the U.S.
During the period the MAX music program ran, Walmart reported a sales lift of more than 9% for Twix products.